maandag 1 maart 2010

Our Thatched Old Farm House.

So it began 2 years ago...
Getting sick of watching other peoples houses so close by, I started to look around for a free standing house!
I'm a sucker for English cottages, but I live in The Netherlands...
When I came across this little farm house, I immediately fell in love.
And so did my boyfriend. =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Alright! Do come in... ;)

Photobucket

WHAT??? Well, I didn't like the floor, I didn't like the walls, so the only thing you can do is strip the place...
And that is exactly what we did..

We stripped some more..

Photobucket

And more...

Photobucket

And upstairs..

Photobucket

And more...

Photobucket

.....

Then all of a sudden I found a small potato cellar:

Photobucket

With the tiles still in it!

Photobucket

The stuff on the table is what I found in the clay...really old stuff, tiles from 1670...
Now the house was build around 1900 so this came from the house that stood before this one..

Photobucket

I had to close everything up and pour concrete over it... =O

Photobucket

Then a builder put in these oak thingies, and I just love it... <3

Photobucket

I made the little blocks underneath them:

Photobucket

And the floor man got started on the oak floor:

Photobucket

Done:

Whehehe, we had to cover it, because "the boss" wanted to see television from his own couch! =D

Photobucket

Alrighty!

I had to have some form of closet for the kitchen...
Because I had removed all the closets in order to get the oak beams.

Photobucket

Excuse the Christmas decorations.. ;)

Done:
Photobucket

Now, we waited and waited for the guys to do the walls...
They never showed, got me so pissed, did it myself:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The ceiling was dark brown...Ugh...
Boyfriend made it nice and white:
And I closed the big openings from ceiling to oak beam.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now over to the window seats! <3
I had to do it twice! Because it was not to my taste...

Photobucket

But it came out good... <3
With the help of my little friend:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At this moment I'm working on two things, the fire place and our bedroom.
The fireplace is turning out great, the bedroom, I need some help with that...
I just can't see it anymore.. Photobucket

Inglenook fireplace:

Trying to figure out how and when... =)
Photobucket

Building it:

Photobucket

And I'm up to this point...

Photobucket

There still has to be a huge oak beam, that is waiting outside to get on it and I have to finish it.

Oh, meet our new neigbours:

In front of the house:
Photobucket

In the back:
Photobucket

That's all for now.
Next time I will show you the bedroom of my little boy!
(if you want me to)

Greetings from a crazy girl, who loves to remodel her house...
And last but sure not least, nails and building don't really mix...hahahaa!
Thank god for acrylic and tips!